Customer satisfaction is essential to Societe Generale.
If, however, you encounter any difficulty, or wish to file a claim or complaint relating to a service provided by Societe Generale in the UK, you can contact us. Your request will be considered carefully, and Societe Generale in the UK will acknowledge receipt of your claim promptly and not later than 10 business days, and will respond to it within a maximum of two months.
Internally within Societe Generale
In the first instance contact your usual commercial contact.
- For SG CIB activities, if you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you may direct your concern to a contact independent from CIB commercial staff, by using the contact form.
- For SGIL, a client may direct his or her concern to a contact independent from commercial staff using the address provided here.
- For activities outside of the SG CIB perimeter, or where a SG CIB client is not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint to the independent contact mentioned above, the intervention of the Societe Generale Group’s Ombudsman can be requested by sending a letter to the following address: Le Médiateur auprès de Société Générale, 17 Cours Valmy, 92987 PARIS LA DEFENSE CEDEX 7 – FRANCE.
- If you consider that your claim or complaint has still not been sufficiently addressed internally and if you qualify as an Eligible Complainant within the scope of the FCA Handbook, DISP 2.7, you can request the intervention of the UK Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of our final response. More information about the Financial Ombudsman Service is available on their website.
- Independently of this, you are also entitled to start proceedings in a civil court.
For more information, we can, upon request, provide you with a summary of our policy and procedure to handle complaints. Otherwise we will provide you with this summary document when acknowledging the receipt of any complaint.