Careers at Societe Generale UK
Join our diverse team and together we’ll build the career you’ve always wanted – and create a life that’s uniquely yours.
Watch James' SG story. Then ask yourself: what will your story be?
Welcome to the be-yourself bank
31 million customers. 145,000 employees. 67 countries. But our success is built on the power of one: you. So, wherever you come from and wherever you’re going, we offer everything you need for a personal career journey to be proud of.
We offer a uniquely flexible, friendly and people-first culture. Where values are not just talked about – they’re integral to how we do business.
Not looking right now? Don’t see anything that matches your skills/experience? Join our talent hub to be considered for future roles.
We value responsibility
- We set high ethical standards through our Culture & Conduct programme and value employee views which we collect through a variety of ways including annual surveys and networking events.
- In 2016, we committed to invest EUR 100bn in energy financing by 2020 – and achieved 50% by summer 2018.
- Our charity partnership with CLIC Sargent helps young people with cancer reach their education and employment ambitions and is integral to our staff engagement programme.
- The SG Community Fund supports young people with their journey into work.
We value innovation
- Internal StartUp Call is our unique global programme to harness our people’s entrepreneurialism spirit by enabling them to develop their ideas.
- We’ve launched The Greenhouse: our new lab designed to accelerate innovation, based in London.
- One Bank Street, our new future-proof home in Canary Wharf, will enable a smarter, more connected way to work.
- Our annual UK Innovation Week offers employees access to an inspiring range of workshops, talks and presentations.
We value team spirit
- We encourage our people to achieve something truly worthwhile together by giving every employee 24 hours volunteering time each year.
- We encourage our people to benefit from training we offer that helps them understand their personal style of interaction and collaboration. As a Group, we particularly focus on strengths based training to enhance the best in our people.
- We run a packed calendar of employee activities including: the JP Morgan Challenge, World Music Day and a Touch Rugby Tournament which each represent an integral element of our core company values.
Over to you
Be yourself and join our team with a next-gen career that’s more than a job.